Key points of Java
- In Java, all methods are declared in a class. You invoke a nonstatic method on an object of the class to which the method belongs.
- Static methods are not invoked on objects.
- Java has eight primitive types: five integral types, two floating-point types, and boolean.
- The Math class provides common mathematical functions.
- String objects are sequences of unicode code points in UTF-16 encoding. Or more precisely code units, the 16-bit quantities of the UTF-16 encoding.
- With the System.out object, you can display output in a terminal window. A Scanner tied to System.in lets you read terminal input.
- Arrays and collections can be used to collect elements of the same type.